Onsight allows you to do quick order-entry using a Bluetooth barcode scanning device.
- Pair your Bluetooth barcode scanner to your mobile device as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Tap on the Onsight icon from your Android home screen.
- If necessary, log in to the Onsight app.
- Tap on the Products icon. The product catalogue will appear.
- Tap on the search icon. The search box will appear.
- Use your Bluetooth scanner to scan the barcode of the item you want to add to the order.
- The barcode will appear in the search box and the item should appear in the search list.
- Add the item to the Cart by tapping the “+” button next to the product.
- Tap the X to clear the search box.
- Scan the next item and repeat the previous 4 steps till all the items are done.
- Tap on the Cart icon at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Check that the content and quantities in the Cart are correct. If you are not happy with your selection(s), tap on Clear Cart or Cancel to either restart or revise your order.
- Tap on the Create Order button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a customer from the list provided or search for a specific customer using the search field provided.
- Onsight automatically generates an order number for you to use. You can also add your own unique reference number in the ‘Order Reference’ field.
- To add a signature, simply tap on “Capture Signature” and sign the blank area using either your finger or a stylus. Then tap “Save”.
- If any extra information needs to be added regarding the order, use the Notes section provided.
- Check that all of the order information has been entered correctly and then tap “Save” (in the top right-hand corner of the screen) to save the order.
- If you are online, the order will be sent out immediately. If you are offline, the app will wait till you are online again to sync and send out the order.
We recommend barcode scanners that are Bluetooth compatible and that require no app installation and that require no adapter to be installed. Other types of scanners might work but have not been tested and are not officially supported.
The following devices are confirmed to be compatible: