Customer balances automatically can be imported from QuickBooks into Onsight. Your sales reps can then view the balances inside the Onsight app.
To configure the automatic importing of customer balances from QuickBooks into Onsight, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com.
- Click on ‘Setup’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Configuration’ menu item.
- Click on the ‘Integration’ tab.
- Tick the option ‘Sync Customer Balances’.
- Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
Your customer balances will now be visible inside Onsight. To see the balances, log into the Onsight app, find the customer record and then look at the ‘Extra Information’ section. The balance will be shown in a field called: ‘Accounts Receivable Outstanding’.
Customer balances can also be displayed on your order or quote PDFs:
- Check that your current subscription plan includes custom order / quote templates
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your order and quote PDFs be modified to show your customer balances
- You will be sent some sample layouts to choose from
- Once your order / quote templates have been modified all new orders and quotes will display your customer balances
Customer balances can be viewed in the admin console if you do not have access to the app:
- Log in to the Onsight Admin Console at http://web.onsightapp.com/
- Click on ‘Customers’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the name of one of your customers.
- Click the ‘Custom Fields’ tab.
- The balance should display in the field called “Accounts Receivable Outstanding”.