Onsight allows you to create either sales quotes or sales orders. These can then be sent to QuickBooks. In QuickBooks you have estimates and invoices. Quotes that are created in Onsight are sent to QuickBooks as estimates in a “pending” state. You then need to log into QuickBooks to approve the estimate. Click here for the process on how to approve these estimates. Orders created in Onsight can be sent to QuickBooks in two different ways, either as estimates in an “approved” state or as invoices. Here is the process for choosing which of these two options you prefer:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at http://web.onsightapp.com/.
- Click on ‘Setup’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on ‘Configuration’ menu item.
- Click on the ‘Integration’ tab.
- Choose an option for the ‘Sync Orders As’ field. The two options are: Estimate or Invoice.
- If the ‘Sync Orders As’ field is set to Estimate then we will send your Onsight orders to QuickBooks as estimates in an “approved” state.
- If the ‘Sync Orders As’ field is set to Invoice then we will send your Onsight orders to QuickBooks as invoices.
- Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.