Sales reps who are not allocated to a customer will not be able to see that customer’s information nor will they be able to create orders for that customer. If multiple sales reps are allocated to a customer then they will all be able to see that customer, they will all be able to create orders for that customer, and they will all see the entire order history for that customer (including orders created by other reps).
If you want multiple people to own a customer, then you can use the ‘Bulk update customers’ process in Onsight to bulk assign your reps to your customers.
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at http://web.onsightapp.com/.
- Click on ‘Customers’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Manage Customers’ menu item.
- Click on the ‘Bulk Update Customer Data’ button at the top of the screen.
- This will open up the 4-Step bulk upload tool.
- Click on the “Download” button to download all existing customer information to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Edit the spreadsheet by adding the sales reps’ email addresses to the ‘Allocated To’ column. This field must contain an email address for a registered User in the Onsight system. If your customer is allocated to more than one sales rep, you can enter more than one email address by separating each one with a comma.
- Once you are done with your changes, save the Excel spreadsheet and click on “Select File” to upload the file.
- Click on “Import”. Your data sheet will now be processed and validated.
- If your spreadsheet passes validation you will be shown a list of all the updates that will be made once you approve the import job. If the spreadsheet validation is unsuccessful, you will be shown a list of errors that you will need to rectify and then retry the upload process.
- Once you are happy with all updates shown to you and no errors appear, click on “Approve job” and all of the new sales rep allocation information will be imported into Onsight.