Onsight can connect to MYOB AccountRight to get product and price information and to send new orders and quotes directly into MYOB. Please email email@example.com to place a request for us to activate the MYOB connector for your Onsight account. You will be sent a link that will allow you to authorise the connection between Onsight and your company file in MYOB.
If you have multiple company files, please let us know which one should be connected to Onsight.
The user that authorises the connection needs to have certain permissions for the connector to function.
To check the permissions of the user that will be authorising the connector:
- Open up MYOB AccountRight.
- Sign in to your company file with the Administrator account, or a user who has been assigned the Administrator role.
- Click “Setup – User Access”.
- Click on the user that you intend to use.
- “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account” has to be selected because only my.MYOB accounts can authorise connections to other apps.
- If the user has the ‘Accountant/Bookkeeper’ role or ‘Administrator’ role then this will suffice. There is no need to do anything further.
- If the user has other roles specified, then you need to ensure that the roles include all of the following permissions:
- Cards – Customer Cards
- Cards – Customer Payment Details
- Cards – Customer Selling Details
- Cards – Employee Cards
- Inventory – Items
- Inventory – Items Register
- Lists – Items
- Lists – Sales & Purchases Information
- Lists – Tax Codes
- Sales – Sales
- Sales – Sales & Purchases Information
- Sales – Sales Register
- The easiest way to ensure that the user has the necessary permissions is to create a new role.
- Go to the ‘Manage Roles’ tab.
- Right-click on an existing role and choose ‘Duplicate role’.
- Rename the role to ‘Onsight’.
- Add all of the permissions listed above.
- Go back to the ‘Manage Users’ tab.
- Add the new ‘Onsight’ role for this user, in addition to the other roles that it has.