Adding a customer note to a customer’s profile can help you and your sales team keep track of a customer’s order/quote preferences, your previous and upcoming meetings with them, follow-ups, or any other information that you think is important.
Customer notes only appear on the customer’s profile and not on orders or quotes. Customers are therefore not able to see these notes.
Your sales reps should preferably use the apps to manage your customer notes, however, we’ve also added the same functionality to the admin console just in case you do not have access to the app and you need to update the customer record. Here’s how you manage customer notes in the admin console:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com/.
- Click on ‘Customers’ in the left-hand side menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Customers’ in the dropdown.
- Select a customer from the list provided.
- To add a customer note, click on the ‘Notes’ tab at the top of the ‘Edit Customer’ page and type your message in the blank field provided. Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
- To update an existing customer note, click on the ‘Notes’ tab at the top of the ‘Edit Customer’ page and edit the existing message in the text area provided. Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
- To delete a customer note, click on the ‘Notes’ tab at the top of the ‘Edit Customer’ page. Select all of the text in the ‘Notes’ field by double-clicking on it with your mouse or, alternatively, select the Ctrl+A keys on your keyboard. Then select either the ‘Backspace’ or ‘Del’ buttons on your keyboard to remove the text selected.
- Click on the ‘Save button at the bottom of the page.
How do I allow my sales reps to edit customer notes?