Onsight allows your customers to log into the app to place orders and generate quotes themselves. You can create the logins yourself and then manually send the login details to your customers one-by-one. Or you can configure Onsight to automatically send out login notification emails as you create each new customer. You should contact your customers before-hand to let them know so that they can expect the emails. Please also note that if you enable automatic notifications and you bulk-import many customers, email notifications will be sent to all of them automatically.
To configure whether login details are automatically emailed to your customers, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at http://web.onsightapp.com/.
- Click ‘Setup’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Configuration’ menu item.
- Click on the “Customer Emails” tab.
- Find the ‘Send Customer Invite Emails?’ checkbox.
- Tick this box if you want notification emails to automatically go out to your customers.
- Untick this box if you want to email your customers yourself to let them know about their logins.
- Use the ‘Sender Email Address’ field to specify the ‘From:’ address for the emails that your customers will receive.
- Use the ‘Reply-To Email Address’ field to specify the ‘Reply-To:’ address for the emails that your customers will receive.
- Use the ‘Email Message’ field to customise the message that they will receive.
- Click ‘Save’.
If the login notifications are enabled, each time you create a customer login, that customer will receive an email with your message and a link that they can use to create a password for themselves.
What is a customer login?
How customer self-ordering works