In the Onsight app you can view the product order history for all of your customers and conveniently reorder items based on past purchases that the customer has made. The main benefit of using the order history is a fast reordering process. In addition to that, you can give your sales reps all information that they need to be able to have professional and efficient sales conversations with customers based on previous orders.
How to view the order history
To view the order history:
- Log into the app
- Select a customer
- Tap on the 3 dots at the bottom left
- Tap on ‘View order history’
You can also view the order history by tapping on the cart symbol at the bottom right. When the cart is empty, you can simply tap on the ‘View order history’ action button when you open the cart. When the cart is already filled, you can tap on the 3 dots on the right of the ‘View order’ screen when you open the cart.
If a product was ordered more than once in the period, then you can view this detail by tapping on the arrow down button on the right in the order history.
What information is displayed in the order history?
The order history lists past product orders chronologically and displays the following information:
- Product image
- Product name
- Product price
- The product price displays as today’s price for the selected customer
- The customer group price will display for the selected customer
- Depending on the setting in the admin console, prices either display including or excluding product taxes
- Last order date
- Last ordered quantity
For each product you will be able to see how often this product was bought in the past. A maximum of 5 previous purchases will display per product.
Please note that sales quotes are not included in the order history.
How to customise how far back the order history displays
You can customise how far back you want to display the order history in the app. The minimum is the past one month and the maximum is the past 12 months.
Follow these steps to customize your order history display settings:
- Log into the Onsight admin console: https://web.onsightapp.com/
- Click on ‘Setup’
- Click on ‘Configuration’
- Scroll down to ‘Orders/quotes to download to device’
- Choose your duration
- Click ‘Save’
Important: If you decrease the duration (for example from 6 months to 1 month), then you need to uninstall and reinstall the app since your orders can only be removed by uninstalling the app.
How to reorder products based on the order history
In the order history, there is a ‘Quick add to the cart’ function that allows you to add products to the cart straight from within the order history screen. You can then create an order from the cart in the normal manner. Products that display with ‘Product is unavailable’ are either inactive, not available for the selected customer or deleted products. If you think that a specific product should be available then re-sync your data manually to get the latest product information.
How often is the order history updated in the app?
When you log into the app in online mode, the order history will automatically be updated.
When you create an order online and as soon as you can see the order number, the order history is updated automatically.
You can also manually sync your data to update the order history
When you are online, closing and re-opening the app will also trigger an update of the order history
How modifying an order affects the order history
When you modify an order, the order history will de adjusted as follows:
- When you remove a product from the order, this product will no longer display in the order history.
- When you increase the quantity for an existing product on the order, this product will display with the new order quantity in the order history. The previous order quantity will no longer display.
- When you add a new product, this new product will be added to the order history.
How customer self-ordering works with the order history feature
When your customers are self-ordering from you, they will see the full order history for all their orders as follows:
- The order history will display orders that the customers have created themselves
- The order history will also display orders that administrators or sales rep users have created for them