Please note that data can only sync when you are online. Some data will sync automatically and some data needs to be manually synced when you want to update the info in your app.
Data that syncs automatically
When you create an order or a quote; or when you add or edit a customer on your device, the data will sync automatically when you are online. If you are offline while you create an order or a quote; or when you add or edit a customer, you need to manually trigger the sync when you are online again.
Data that does NOT sync automatically
Product and customer database updates that are done on the admin console will not sync automatically and will only sync when you manually trigger the sync. This includes:
- New products
- Updates to existing products
- Updated product prices
- Stock updates
- New customers
- Updates to existing customers
How to trigger a sync
- Tap the back button until you can see the hamburger icon (3 horizontal lines).
- Tap the hamburger icon and then tap ‘Sync data’.
- Depending how big the changes are in the database, the sync can take a few seconds or a few minutes.
This article applies to the Onsight 3.0 app that is available for iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Android tablet devices.