The Onsight app enables you to group similar customers. These are called customer groups. Within a customer group you can assign specific discounts and prices for products. You can also restrict access to products based on which group a customer belongs to.
Examples of customer groups:
- Retail and Wholesale – Create different price lists for retail and wholesale customers
- Platinum, Gold and Silver – Apply discounts to repeat customers based on customer loyalty
- Location Name – Have customers from different areas view different prices (especially useful if you are using Onsight in your retail stores).
- Special members – Restrict content to customers in certain groups or add special discounts.
How to create a customer group
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at http://web.onsightapp.com/
- Click on ‘Customers’ from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the ‘Manage Groups’ menu item
- Click on the “Add New Customer Group” button at the top of the screen
- Type in a name for the customer group and then click the ‘Save’ button
How to assign a customer to a customer group
- Click on ‘Customers’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Manage Customers’ menu item.
- Select the name of the customer you would like to allocate to the customer group.
- Click on the ‘Customer Details’ tab. Start typing the name of the customer group and then select from the names provided in the drop-down. If you have not yet created any groups, click on the ‘Create new Customer Group’ link provided next to the ‘Customer Group’ text box.
Where can I use customer groups?
You can use your customer groups to assign discounts, to override prices and to restrict access to products. For instructions please visit the specific article for each of these features: