Tax calculations differ from location to location. Onsight supports a variety of tax calculations. One of these is to charge tax on the total cost of the order or quote rather than each product line item individually. Different tax rates can be set up and each customer can have a separate tax rate configured for them. In Onsight this is called customer taxes.
Here’s how to activate the use of customer taxes in Onsight:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com.
- Click on ‘Setup’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Configuration’ menu item.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Tax Configuration’ field and make sure that ‘Charge Taxes’ checkbox is ticked.
- Select the ‘Customer Taxes’ radio button.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Save’ button.
The alternative to customer taxes is product taxes.
How do I set up product taxes?