Tax calculations differ from location to location. Onsight supports a variety of tax calculations. One of these is to charge tax on each product line item on an order or quote. Different tax rates can be set up and each product can have a separate tax rate configured for it. In Onsight this is called product taxes.
Here’s how to activate the use of product taxes in Onsight:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com.
- Click on ‘Setup’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Configuration’ menu item.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Tax Configuration’ field and make sure that ‘Charge Taxes’ checkbox is ticked.
- Select the ‘Product Taxes’ radio button.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Save’ button.
The alternative to product taxes is customer taxes.
How do I set up customer taxes?