Storing barcodes and QR codes for each of your products allows you to use a Bluetooth barcode scanner to quickly find products inside the app. This speeds up order entry.
You can add barcodes and QR codes to your product catalogue by following these steps:
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at http://web.onsightapp.com/ .
- Click on ‘Catalogue’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Manage Products’ menu item.
- Click on the product for which you want to add a barcode and/or QR code.
- On the product details screen, scroll all the way down until you see the field ‘Barcode’.
- Enter your barcode and/or QR code.
- If you already have a code stored for a product and you want to add another code in addition, then you can separate two codes with a pipe symbol (|) or you can just make a space between the two codes.
- Click on ‘Save’.
We support most QR code formats and the following barcode formats:
If you use a format that is not listed above, please let us know by sending an email to
You can also use the product bulk-upload process to add barcodes to all your products at once.
How do I search for products with the in-app barcode scanner?
How do I search for products with a Bluetooth barcode scanner?
How do I bulk upload my product catalogue