- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com.
- Click on ‘Catalogue’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the ‘Manage Products’ menu item.
- To add a new product, click on the ‘Action’ button at the top of the screen and then click on ‘Add New Product’.
- To update an existing product, click on the name of the product, make your changes and then click the ‘Save’ button.
- To delete an existing product, tick the box that is to the left of the product you would like to delete and then click the ‘Delete’ button at the top of the list.
For each product you can specify a range of data fields and configuration options.
Full name of the product.
Full description of the product.
Place your products into a specific product category. When you browse the product catalogue you will be browsing the product category hierarchy.
Upload a good quality image of your product. You can upload multiple images if you want to show different angles.
The price of your product excluding taxes.
These are the taxes you want to apply to the price of your product.
Stock on Hand:
Use this field to store the number of items that are currently available and ready to sell to customers. This value will be displayed in the app. However, this value does not change as orders are sent out. Your stock levels must be (i) manually set or (ii) synced with your ERP / accounting system via an integration. It would not be appropriate for Onsight to do full stock management and update stock levels since orders might be generated from other systems (eg. an ecommerce website).
Product Code / Barcode / SKU:
Everyone uses different combinations of codes to track their products. You can use all three or none, it is up to you.
When products are set to ‘Active’ they are visible and displayed in your catalogue. Mark an item as inactive if you do not want it to appear in your catalogue (out of stock or no longer available for sale).
A product marked as ‘Featured’ will be given a more prominent display in your catalogue.
On this tab you can add extra fields for showing additional information for each product.
Use this tab to specify physical or functional characteristics that define the product. Product Specs are currently not shown in the Onsight app. These fields can currently only be displayed in the PDF catalogues that we generate for clients. See this article on How to add product specs .
The ‘Customer Settings’ tab allows you to choose the availability of a product and to add an overriding price or discount. With this feature you can assign different pricing to different customers. See this article on How to set up per-customer pricing .
Associated products are complementary products to the product that you are working with. Use this tab to indicate these complementary products.
Alternative products are replacement products for the product that you are working with. Use this tab to indicate these replacement products.
Product icons are small images that you can show next to a product to allow your sales reps to quickly see some characteristics of the product. Use this tab to link icons to the product that you are working with. To create new icons to use in the app read this guide.
Here are some examples of types of icons that you can load.
- Icons showing different country flags so that you can show where your packs are sourced from
- Icons showing different price grades (eg. Economy, Standard, Expensive)
- Icons showing composition (eg. Metal, Wood, Plastic, etc. )
- Icons showing food preferences (eg. Vegan, Vegetarian, Lactose-free, etc. )