Reps can use the mobile app to manage customers that are assigned to them. The instructions below explain how an administrator can manage customers using the admin console.
- Log in to the Onsight admin console at https://web.onsightapp.com/
- Click on ‘Customers’ in the left-hand side menu.
- Click on ‘Manage Customers’ in the dropdown.
- To add a new customer, click on the ‘Add New Customer’ button at the top of the screen. Fill in the customer’s information in the blank fields provided. ‘Company Name’ and ‘Allocated To’ are required fields. When done, click on ‘Save’ at the bottom of the screen.
- To edit an existing customer, click on the name of the customer you want to edit and then make your changes in the fields provided. When done, click on ‘Save’ at the bottom of the screen.
- To delete a customer, click in the checkbox to the left of the customer you would like to delete. Now click the ‘Delete’ button that appears at the top of the list. Click ‘Yes’ in the popup screen to confirm the deletion. If you change your mind, simply click ‘No’ to return to the list of customers.
For each customer you can specify a range of data fields and configuration options.
Company Name (required field)
Enter the customer’s company name in this field.
Upload a business card or some other visual representation of the customer here.
Only .jpg, .png and .gif formats are allowed and you can only upload one image per customer. Images should ideally not exceed 10MB in size.
When a customer is set to active your reps are able to see their details in the app and, they can create quotes and orders for that customer. Mark a customer as inactive (by removing the tick in the checkbox) if you do not want them to appear in the app (eg. if customer’s trade account has been suspended).
The customer login feature allows you to create a special type of user login for your customers. When you give this login to a customer they can browse their product catalogue and submit orders just like sales reps can but the difference is that they only have access to their own information.
When you select ‘Allow Login’ (by selecting ‘Yes’ from the dropdown menu), you will need to provide a login email address for your customer to use. Learn more about the customer self-ordering process here.
Choose a group for this customer to belong to. This setting allows you to classify customers into groups so that you can implement per-customer pricing and discounts. For each customer group you can override prices, create different price lists and restrict access to certain products. You can only select a customer group if one or more have been created previously. For more details see this guide on customer groups.
Allocated To (required field)
This field refers to the sales reps that are allocated to that specific customer. You can choose one or more reps to add to this field. Sales reps who are not allocated to a customer will not be able to see that customer’s information nor will they be able to create orders or quotes for that customer.
Check this box if you plan on charging taxes to the customer. Leave it blank if you are not. Learn more about customer taxation here.
Billing Email Address
This is the email address where a copy of all orders and quotes created for the customer will be sent to.
This is the primary person to contact when needing to communicate with the customer. You can add more than one contact if need be.
Adding a customer note to a customer’s profile can help you and your sales team keep track of a customer’s order/quote preferences, your previous and upcoming meetings with them, follow-ups, or any other information that you think is important.
Customer notes only appear on the customer’s profile and not on orders or quotes. Customers are therefore not able to see these notes.
Use this tab to store the billing address and shipping address for the customer.
On this tab you can add extra fields for showing additional information for each customer. This will then be displayed in the customer database on the mobile app. It can also be displayed on your orders and quotes.